MLS understands what it takes to be a successful IRO in the Group Health industry- we ensure timely, accurate and evidence-based reviews from a nationwide, specialized network of Physician Reviewers and other allied health professionals.
Our federal and state-level Peer Reviews are conducted by board-certified, actively practicing physicians versed in the latest medical research and current guidelines for medical care.
As a URAC-accredited Independent Review Organization, we maintain a commitment to promoting healthcare quality. We offer independent medical review for a variety of areas, including:
- Medical Necessity
- Experimental/ Investigational
- Standard of Care
- Plan Language Review
- Length of Stay
- Quality of Care/ Utilization, and more.
Our IME and Peer Review Disability Reviews focus on function and an employee’s ability to return to work.
We offer a full range of disability review services, including:
- Independent Medical Exams (IME) conducted across the country
- Imaging Studies to assist in the IME process. Our board certified radiologists and neuroradiologists specialize in: MRI, CT & Bone Scan, Ultrasound, X-Ray, Arthrogram & Mammogram
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE) performed by licensed therapists
- FMLA Assessments, providing numerous medical assessments for each step of the FMLA leave process- from the Clarification Level up to the 3rd Opinion
- Retirement Disability Reviews
Our nationwide network of licensed Physician Reviewers ensure you have everything you need to confidently assess the clinical aspects of a workers’ compensation claim. For Independent Medical Examinations, we work with insurance carriers, TPAs, and self-funded employers to deliver an IME product that meets unique and specific service standards.
We are equipped to perform a wide range of Workers' Compensation services including:
- Utilization Reviews
- Independent Medical Exams (IME)
- Peer Reviews
- Functional Capacity Evaluations (FCE)
- Impairment Ratings
Evidence-Based Medicine: An Overview
You frequently see the phrase "evidence-based medicine" in healthcare, but what does it mean? The MLS blog offers an overview of evidence-based medicine and its importance in independent medical review.
How do you deliver quality assurance?
We have a nurse-driven Quality Assurance model that ensures all IME and Peer Review reports are accurate, objective and comprehensive, while meeting exceptional turnaround times.
How are cases submitted through your portal?
We can provide a demo to walk you through this process. Call us at 888-657-4634 or leave us a message via the Contact page.
What specialties does your network cover?
Our physician reviewer network includes hundreds of different specialties and sub-specialties, ranging from Orthopedic specialties to the rare Radiology Oncologist.
What kinds of clients does MLS serve?
We offer Peer Review services in Workers’ Compensation, Group Health and Disability for TPAs, insurance carriers, utilization review organizations, hospitals, state and federal agencies, and more.